August 22, 2018

Drunk Driving Champion by Eric Hendrixson Review


By: Eric Hendrixson
Published by: Eraserhead  Press
Review by: Shells Walter
Review posted: 8/22/2018



Drunk Driving Champion is a story that will drive you mad, but in a good way. If you remember the dark comedies such as "Death Race" or even "Cannonball Run," than you will love this one.

The story starts out with a race and yes folks it is a drunk race. The contestants must blow into a Breathalyzer to get their cars to start. Now before anyone goes "Oh my God you're pushing for people to drive drunk?" No, that's not what I am saying and please remember this is a fictional story. Now back to where I was.

After awhile you will get to meet some of the contestants and see where their minds are at and see just where Hendrixson has his talent, his dark humor. I laughed so hard at some of these characters that I spit out the coffee I was drinking at the time. Yes, Minus the fact I am a sucker for a good dark comedy, this story has made my prize list. 

As the story continues to unfold some of the characters tell their deepest secrets and than you get further into why this race is so important to them. What makes this such a great story and made me think of those movies I listed above, besides the dark humor, there is also a greedy sinister plot that is involved that was really behind making the underground race more mainstream. When you read this story and find that out you will just love it.

I will recommend anyone to read this who is looking for just some out of the normal humor and a day off of things. Relax, take this book, read and enjoy. Repeat as necessary.