March 15, 2011

Wretched Moments Edited by T.L. Perry and Jessy Marie Roberts Review



Edited by T.L. Perry and Jessy Marie Roberts
Pill Hill Press
ISBN: 978-1617060458
Review by: Gina Desory
Review posted 03/15/2011



Wretched Moments is a collection of 22 stories that are strange and yet want to make you at least take a look.

The collection was what I thought to be stories on the bizarre or even more extreme horror. What I ended up finding out, at least for myself, was some confusion and some stories lacking the pull to want me to read more, leaving me disappointed.

Out of the 22 stories that filtered this anthology, the best of the 22 was Carly is Dead by Shane McKenzie. The story brought some of the bizarre into it by having Carly dead in the forest and her friend a fly who lays eggs in her tear ducks so that she can see them when they hatch. McKenzie wowed me with just the idea of something of this situation. The telling of the story was intriguing and with a certain darkness I did not feel while reading the other stories in this collection.

Wretched Moments is a collection for a certain acquired taste. I would not give up on it to try it at least once, you may feel differently than I did.